One privilege my new life is providing me is the possibility to move easily from one mobile house to another.
My first mobile home was a 5m 1987 Burstner City. Comfortable but heavy and ... too big after one year. Several careful sortings and long, too long travel times helped me realized it was time to change.
In April 2018, I found it: MY house. The one that was just perfect for me: a 320cm 1978 Rapido trailer. A treasure hid in a garage waiting to be awakened.
6m² instead of 9: fewer household tasks. 300kg less: a new sorting to get rid of more stuff and fly at around 100 to 110km/h on highways. Ready to move more and be able to sneak in small places.
The first one was a reasonable choice, the second one is the choice of the heart and experience even if I must admit that from August 2018 onwards, I'm already thinking about the next step. I don't what how will be my third mobile house. I hope it will be a clever solution, moreover to get rid of the car, or to make it work without gasoline.
From February 2017 to the beginning of May 2017, my objectives were:
- to find the camper to begin the experiment,
- to let go more or less 90% of the objects that were surrounding me in my 75m² house and my 50m² garden in Chevry-en-Sereine (near Nemours and Fontainebleau, at about 100km south of Paris, France).
In April and May 2018:
- I found the small one and moved in,
- I offered a luxury retirement to the big one, thanks to Anne and Denis-Noël.
- I began to think about moving into a van to be more mobile.
In September and October 2018, a van is no longer an option. I would prefer:
- a car with a solar propulsion system and a living box hitched to the car instead of the trailer,
- a solar tuk-tuk,
- a solar cargo trailer bike,
- to implement a solar engine to turn the trailer into a compact motorhome.
Were I alone, I would probably replace right now the car by a solar bike and the trailer by a hammock and/or a good tent. But with my pets, a transitional period is needed. I want them to be comfortable, especially as 3 of them are getting very old: the cat is over 15, 2 dogs are 11 and 12. The younger dogs are 7 and 9, they will experiment more with me later. Actually, I must admit it: this bridge period won't be bad for me too! I will have time to prepare both the material and my physical fitness.
So the course is set: the objective is to move with a solar bike within 2 or 3 years. But what will be the next step to prepare the switch? Maybe to change the car and to implement a solar system on it, to keep the trailer at least for this winter and to build a living box or to stay in the trailer for all the transitional period?
Soon more details on each
mobile +33 695 560 755
WE CAN SPEAK TO EACH OTHER IN:
ENGLISH, SPANISH OR FRENCH
No dudéis en contactar conmigo en castellano
Nous pouvons aussi nous parler en français